Forums/ The 7th Citadel/ Rules and Operating Points3 posts
Posted
The rules say you may not "choose to discard" a Purse card with a red lock symbol. But what if an event instructs you to discard a card with the keyword "FRAGILE", and you have multiple options, one of them being the Purse card with the red lock symbol? Can you discard the red lock card? I know you can't freely discard them, but was unsure about this situation where an event is instructing you to discard a card. And what about if that was the ONLY card I had with a red lock symbol?

Below are the specific cards I'm talking about (spoilers for "The Gladius and the Pumpkin" scenario from Dadachaem's Awakening):

"Necrodruidic crown" is a Purse card with the keyword "FRAGILE" and the red lock symbol. In a later scenario, I encountered a Temporary Event that instructed me to "Discard 1 card with the keyword 'FRAGILE'". I had "Necrodruidic crown" and "Sukouyan eye jam", which is also a Purse card with the keyword "FRAGILE" but no red lock symbol. I wasn't sure if I had to discard the eye jam since it's the only one without the red lock symbol, or if I could choose to discard the crown. And then I also started wondering if the crown was the ONLY card I had, could I discard it at all even though it has the red lock symbol.

Thank you!
Posted

This rule is write in french like that : "You can't volontarly/willingly discard it".

=> You can't choose to discard at every moment, except if a card ask you to do it (because of the Golden rule p.14: Card text and dialogue text override the rulebook.). In this case, you may choose any of valid cards, as you prefer.

So yes, you may choose to discard a card_type_purse[lock] card, no matter if it's your only one or not.
resource_fire Firebird resource_fire (ma ludothèque)
T7Continent : icon_succes DV, OG, LG --- icon_curse SI, [CD+SI] --- icon_success-left Histoire, Pénitence, Funéraille --- card_type_temporary_event [SI+TS]
T7Citadel : card_type_temporary_event
Posted
Got it! Thank you!
Forums/ The 7th Citadel/ Rules and Operating Points3 posts