Forums/ The 7th Citadel/ Rules and Operating Points11 posts
Posted
Some skill cards card_type_skill in your hand makes you discard another card_type_skill in your hand as cost for its effect. Question: Can I use the effect several times if I keep discarding other card_type_skill from my hand? OR the effect can be activated only once?
Posted - Edited
If we hypothesize that a card in Hand can be activated several times, then free cards (which do not need to be blocked or discarded, and remain permanently) could trigger their effects infinitely.
With a cost of 1 another card to discard and with the hand size limit, it's possible. But Infinite activation, it's not. So the hypothesis is false.

==> I think the activation is unique during an action.
resource_fire Firebird resource_fire (ma ludothèque)
T7Continent : icon_succes DV, OG, LG --- icon_curse SI, [CD+SI] --- icon_success-left Histoire, Pénitence, Funéraille --- card_type_temporary_event [SI+TS]
T7Citadel : card_type_temporary_event
Posted - Edited
Firebird wrote:
If we hypothesize that a card in Hand can be activated several times, then free cards (which do not need to be blocked or discarded, and remain permanently) could trigger their effects infinitely.
With a cost of 1 another card to discard and with the hand size limit, it's possible. But Infinite activation, it's not. So the hypothesis is false.

==> I think the activation is unique during an action.

I didn't mention infinite numbers of activation. I said activate several times for each discarded card (so 2-3 times). Thanks.
Posted - Edited
I know.
But if we accept that a effect can be activited several times with a cost (here, discarding of cards), I think that we must accept the same for any effect. Otherwise, we need a rule to explain this difference. And this rule doesn't exist.
T7Continent : icon_succes DV, OG, LG --- icon_curse SI, [CD+SI] --- icon_success-left Histoire, Pénitence, Funéraille --- card_type_temporary_event [SI+TS]
Posted
Firebird wrote:

Do you have an example of such a card ?

No rule says that you can only activate a card in hand a single time. There's nothing to keep track of activations either. So if a card could be activated indefinitely (because it does not require a discard/block/cost in life points etc.), I say it works. I'd call it a bug maybe, but first I'd like to see such a card.
Posted - Edited
jujulautre wrote:

We discuss together on Discord about this.
But I copy here 2 examples of cards. There are Advanced Skills so I put Medium spoiler tag.

1/ Here, with multiple activation, we should be able to reduce cost by -2-2-2-2...

2/ Here, with multiple activation, we should be able to use 4 or more class icons, over the Max.3 limit.
Posted
Note: In this topic, we use the term “cost” to talk about the inconvenience that a card requires you to pay to use its effect.
This is not the correct definition of deck_action_card Cost in the rule.
We have therefore not talked about the cost of an Action.
Posted
So, as we discussed, there could be misunderstandings due to the fact that we talk about several things with wrong vocabulary.
To summarize:
- the text of any effect can be applied only once per action. If an effect says "gain 2 life" it's just that. I think we all agree on that. Similarly though, if a text says "gain 6 life. Discard a blue card from your hand.", you only gain 6 life then discard a card from your hand once. Cannot do that several times.
- an effect part of a the consequence to a white (action) icon can only be obtained once per activation of said action. If this action is repeatable, then you can obtain its effect as long as you can repeat the action.
- an effect associated to a brown (condition) icon can only be obtained once per action (icon matching condition set aside). However, if you have any way of repeating an action, then you can, in a way, obtain the effect multiple times, as long as you can repeat the action.
So, to the OP:
- if the effect you are talking about is part of the consequence to a white (action) icon, then you can obtain this effect for as long as you can repeat the action. If a consequence of the action is to discard a blue card, then you should be able to obtain the effect for how many blue cards you have in your hand.
- if it is associated to a brown icon, then on top of what was said just above, you also need a way to repeat an action to which the brown icon can be associated to.
However, can you repeat the effect multiple times for a single action ? No, unless it is specified as such in the effect text, like for example "gain 6 pv. discard a blue card. you may repeat this as long as you have blue cards in hand."
Posted - Edited
Firebird wrote:
jujulautre wrote:

We discuss together on Discord about this.
But I copy here 2 examples of cards. There are Advanced Skills so I put Medium spoiler tag.

1/ Here, with multiple activation, we should be able to reduce cost by -2-2-2-2...

2/ Here, with multiple activation, we should be able to use 4 or more class icons, over the Max.3 limit.

Okay, now I see what you mean. So the answer is that each card effect can be applied once.
Posted
Braxus wrote:
So the answer is that each card effect can be applied once.

That's my belief, yes. -)
Posted - Edited
Braxus wrote:
Some skill cards card_type_skill in your hand makes you discard another card_type_skill in your hand as cost for its effect. Question: Can I use the effect several times if I keep discarding other card_type_skill from my hand? OR the effect can be activated only once?

I receive the confirmation from Sarah (and Bruno, the author). -)
As we conclude,
Un effet d'une carte ne peut être utilisé qu'une fois par séquence.
Défausser une card_type_skill pour un effet X est un [genre de] coût qui ne peut être payé qu'une fois.

Translation ==>
A card effect can only be used once per sequence.
Discarding a card_type_skill for an effect is a [kind of] cost that can only be paid once.
Forums/ The 7th Citadel/ Rules and Operating Points11 posts