Forums/ The 7th Citadel/ Rules and Operating Points3 posts
Posted
(Cross-posted from BGG, I hope that's ok)

Hi! I have three related questions, would love some help!

Question 1: I'm wondering what the "Specialty" Advanced Action card does. Here it is (very slight spoiler, I guess):

This card's ability looks almost useless to me, and I'm wondering whether I'm missing anything. In 90% of cases, when you need to discard a hand card from your hand, you get to choose which hand card you discard. So What's the point of "Specialty"? Yes, I know that once in a long time, an effect says something like "discard a random [hand card] from your hand" or something. Is that the only time where "Specialty" is useful?

Question 2: 95% of the times that I need to discard a hand card from my hand, it is because I activated an ability like the "Motivation" advanced action (picture below). Can Someone confirm that I'm indeed allowed to choose which card I discard, and that I don't have to choose it randomly?

Question 3: An additional question on cards like "Motivation": can the card I choose to discard when I use Motivation, be Motivation itself? i.e. can the card I discard Motivation to pay for itself?
Posted
1) you often need to discard cards after use.
Here you can discard that one instead of the original card.
2) you choose
3) yes
flag_curse_sm VG: icon_succes PoC: icon_succes IM: icon_succes
CS card_pick009: icon_succes, card_pick123: icon_succesicon_succes
VotE icon_succes SoM icon_succes
Posted
Thank you Jack!

We've also reached the same answer about #1 over on BGG -- thank you for the help!!

On question #3 makes sense, and I'll continue playing it this way, but if Sarah wants to chime in here it would be nice :).
Forums/ The 7th Citadel/ Rules and Operating Points3 posts