Forums/ The 7th Citadel/ Rules and Operating Points5 messages
Posté
Finally starting to play the game! Rusty after not having played Continent for a couple of years. Probably a dumb question, but to perform the Pathfinder action on an Exploration card, you have to have moved to it, yes?

Thanks!
Posté
Nope. You have to be on a card _next_ to it, with an arrow pointing to the exploration card. 1st you explore, then you move onto the revealed terrain card after (assuming that a terrain card is, in fact, revealed...)

Huh. Now that I've said that, I wonder if it's ever possible to be adjacent to an exploration card _without_ an arrow pointing to it from your card. There would obviously have to be an arrow pointing to it from another card adjacent to the same space. I'm not sure what you'd do then - I suspect they've just engineered it to never happen.
Posté
On Terrain cards are allowed to be moved on.
Posté
Yeah, I actually wrote a post shortly after submitting the first post stating that I had figured it out myself. But somehow I didn't post it. -)

Exploration cards attached to a terrain card are considered Permanent Event cards by virtue of the golden arrow pointing to the terrain card, therefore those actions can be taken from the terrain card.

Peace!
Posté
DevNull a écrit :
Nope. You have to be on a card _next_ to it, with an arrow pointing to the exploration card. 1st you explore, then you move onto the revealed terrain card after (assuming that a terrain card is, in fact, revealed...)

Huh. Now that I've said that, I wonder if it's ever possible to be adjacent to an exploration card _without_ an arrow pointing to it from your card. There would obviously have to be an arrow pointing to it from another card adjacent to the same space. I'm not sure what you'd do then - I suspect they've just engineered it to never happen.

Exploration cards always have those 4 arrows pointing in each direction.
However permanent events have (mostly) one arrow and can only be accessed from that location.
flag_curse_sm VG: icon_succes PoC: icon_succes IM: icon_succes
CS card_pick009: icon_succes, card_pick123: icon_succesicon_succes
VotE icon_succes SoM icon_succes
Forums/ The 7th Citadel/ Rules and Operating Points5 messages