Forums/ The 7th Citadel/ Rules and Operating Points6 messages
Posté
Trying to understand this rule on the "Destiny" page of the Citadel Leaflet:

"Take a card whose number is associated with
a (QUILL SQUARE) arrow on a (QUILL) card that is already
in the World Map. Insert it into the World Map
without flipping it, in the slot the (QUILL SQUARE ICON) arrow
bearing its number points to."

The thing that doesn't make sense to me is why the rules specifically say to not flip the card.

Surely that's the whole point of adding cards to the plasticized world map? To update the world map as you play?

Further, I didn't see any instruction in the rulebook about flipping over already placed cards in the world map.

What am I missing here?
Posté
Totally guessing here but it could be that you have 3 steps :
- you hear about a path to get to the place -> you put a card [QUILL]
- you send people to map the place -> you put the card [QUILL SQUARE] instead
- when you get there or do a certain action, you turn the [QUILL SQUARE] card and discover the reality
Posté
Also, I wonder if the world map is emptied (reset) after you complete a threat, or do you retain this knowledge across threats?
Posté - Edité
schleima a écrit :
Trying to understand this rule on the "Destiny" page of the Citadel Leaflet:

"Take a card whose number is associated with
a (QUILL SQUARE) arrow on a (QUILL) card that is already
in the World Map. Insert it into the World Map
without flipping it, in the slot the (QUILL SQUARE ICON) arrow
bearing its number points to."

The thing that doesn't make sense to me is why the rules specifically say to not flip the card.

Surely that's the whole point of adding cards to the plasticized world map? To update the world map as you play?

Further, I didn't see any instruction in the rulebook about flipping over already placed cards in the world map.

What am I missing here?

Dear Schleima,
The card you insert (card's back with flavor text visible) in the World Map will instruct you on when to flip it (when you are back at the Citadel and find out what your scouts have discovered).
Bruno
Posté
schleima a écrit :
Also, I wonder if the world map is emptied (reset) after you complete a threat, or do you retain this knowledge across threats?

It is indeed reset/emptied.
Bruno
Posté - Edité
BrunoS a écrit :
schleima a écrit :

It is indeed reset/emptied.
Bruno

Interesting.

So I take it that there is no goal to ever complete the world map in totality? I'm sure the obsessive-compulsive completionists may take issue with this :)

It's very interesting how you're incorporating legacy-like elements into this game without going fully into it by permanently changing or discarding elements of the game. I'd love to hear your thoughts on legacy games and if this was your goal in designing Citadel (i.e. creating a Legacy-like experience without going all-in)
Forums/ The 7th Citadel/ Rules and Operating Points6 messages