Forums/ The 7th Citadel/ General7 messages
Posté
Hi there! Just about finished with game prep and looking forward to starting to play! With the Collector's Edition at least, the game includes both plastic and cardboard character figures. What does one use the cardboard figures for if you have the plastic pieces? Backup only?

Thanks!
Posté
In 7th Continent I rather used the standees as they looked better then the minis. Maybe I will do the same here.
So to answer the question, it’s just to give everyone what he prefers.
flag_curse_sm VG: icon_succes PoC: icon_succes IM: icon_succes
CS card_pick009: icon_succes, card_pick123: icon_succesicon_succes
VotE icon_succes SoM icon_succes
Posté
Thanks!
Posté
I use the cardboard until I have painted the plastic.
Posté - Edité
PeterM2158 a écrit :

You could do that with 7rh Continent with no issue, but for Citadel the colour of the plastic figures is a core component of gameplay. Maybe paint the figures but leave the base as is?

I found it confusing that the cardboard standees, which look great, do not have the associated player colour anywhere on the piece.

SP should have included colour stands to solve this problem, instead of the transparent plastic ones. It's very hard to distinguish players from a distance otherwise.
Posté
Uhh, that’s a good point for using minis instead of the standees.
flag_curse_sm VG: icon_succes PoC: icon_succes IM: icon_succes
CS card_pick009: icon_succes, card_pick123: icon_succesicon_succes
VotE icon_succes SoM icon_succes
Posté
schleima a écrit :
PeterM2158 a écrit :

You could do that with 7rh Continent with no issue, but for Citadel the colour of the plastic figures is a core component of gameplay. Maybe paint the figures but leave the base as is?

I found it confusing that the cardboard standees, which look great, do not have the associated player colour anywhere on the piece.

SP should have included colour stands to solve this problem, instead of the transparent plastic ones. It's very hard to distinguish players from a distance otherwise.

Yeah I just plan on highlighting some clothing details in the appropriate colour, and leaving a ring around the base in the colour. To be honest as I'll only ever play solo it doesn't really matter for me which mini I use as there won't ever be any confusion.
Forums/ The 7th Citadel/ General7 messages