Forums/ The 7th Citadel/ Errors on the game9 posts
Posted - Edited
Only works with Arthen, as the other chars only get 1 card back from Inspiration

Inspiration (A) + Speciality (Advanced) I play Inspiration take Speciality (and another card) out of discard pile and then discard Speciality. That way I can play Inspiration as often as I want (as long as Speciality is in the discard) and fill up my hand.

With the cards below, I can have -3 cost and 1 success on each action, as I just get them back afterwards. This means I can move for free and do anything up to 3/1 for free.

Can this be correct? This is incredibly strong.

However the other way to read the card (first discard and then choose 2) would be the same, but you wouldn’t even need specialty for that.

Possible Errata: "choose up to 2 cards from your discard pile, discard this, then add them to your hand"

flag_curse_sm VG: icon_succes PoC: icon_succes IM: icon_succes
CS card_pick009: icon_succes, card_pick123: icon_succesicon_succes
VotE icon_succes SoM icon_succes
Posted
I now played the next scenario with my proposed errata and it was way more interesting again, after it became a bit boring with that exploit.
Posted
JackSpirio wrote:
I now played the next scenario with my proposed errata and it was way more interesting again, after it became a bit boring with that exploit.

Let's wait for the official answer from Sarah, I'm really curious myself whether this is even an error or not.
Posted
I think you are not allowed to play a skill cards during the Consequence part of the action = you cannot use a skill card, that you obtained as part of the consequence of an action, for that action.
Posted
A similar case - as a consequence of an action, you get a card hand_blue_add and you loose life damage (a common consequence in battle compound actions). If that hand_blue_add card is for example "Alert", which has a shield effect, you cannot use that card for blocking damage you got from this action.
Posted
Karbous wrote:
I think you are not allowed to play a skill cards during the Consequence part of the action = you cannot use a skill card, that you obtained as part of the consequence of an action, for that action.

Again, it was already confirmed, that skills/purse cards can be used anytime during the action.LINK
Posted
Interesting, but quite confusing.
It still feels like cheting to use the card you gained in the consequence phase in that action.
Posted
Karbous wrote:
A similar case - as a consequence of an action, you get a card hand_blue_add and you loose life damage (a common consequence in battle compound actions). If that hand_blue_add card is for example "Alert", which has a shield effect, you cannot use that card for blocking damage you got from this action.

This is because the hand_blue_add effect is the last thing you do, so the damage is already done.
This is different to the effect used here.
Posted
So its been resolved in the new version of errata (1.8).
A0004 – Skill “Inspiration” (Arthen) – not critical
Text modified to avoid Exploit: “Choose up to 2 cards in your Discard Pile. Discard this, and then add
the chosen cards to your hand.”
Forums/ The 7th Citadel/ Errors on the game9 posts