We have encountered
chameleons
and the exploration card states
if you have a "Mirror" purse card they ignore you
. We have a purse card named
Mirror of the soul (C1120)
. Does this count as a
mirror
despite not having the keyword at the bottom?

Generically, does a purse card have to have a given keyword on the bottom black strip to count as that sort of item?

I know we could house rule this thematically if we wanted to but would be interested in knowing the intent or whether the keyword might be missing from this card.
icon_success-righticon_success-left
Posté
We have found another item, a trinket, which has the keyword in its title and is clearly a
mirror
but does not have the keyword at the bottom of the item in the white text on black background script.

For things like Weapons the word Weapon appears as a keyword at the bottom of the card so it feels like there is some inconsistency here.
Posté - Edité
I do believe that when they mean to check something against a keyword, they'd state it "if you have a card with the "mirror" keyword" (I'll double check what I am saying when I can -> I looked quickly and found a card requesting you to have a card_type_purse with a specific keyword).
If they don't state that, I'd assume you have (by the rules) to have the card with the specific name required.

there is a card called "mirror"

Of course, as you said, an house rule to use any kind of mirror makes sense thematically.
Posté - Edité
No in this case you absolutely need a
"Mirror"
, another similar object cannot be used.
Posté
Sarah a écrit :
No in this case you absolutely need a
"Mirror"
, another similar object cannot be used.

Thanks Sarah
Posté
So, we finally got a
Mirror
and there is no corresponding keyword. I suspect I'd be happy to use any item with the word
Mirror
in the title next time around.
Forums/ The 7th Citadel/ Rules and Operating Points6 messages