Forums/ The 7th Citadel/ Rules and Operating Points6 messages
Posté
Just watched the rules overview and had a question about saving (at 25:45)

https://youtu.be/S6P2vvP5Qqg?t=1545

Saving in Citadel seems quite similar to Continent. However, one of the most frustrating parts of Continent was spending so much time and energy to lay out the terrain cards, and then losing the ability to fast travel after saving because all of the terrain cards had to be returned to the deck.

Since the rules state that, once again, Citadel requires all but the current terrain card to be returned during a save, is there a similar disincentive in Citadel? Or does the lack of a "survival/foraging/hunting" requirement make this a less punishing feature?
Posté - Edité
Hello -)
In Citadel, you will find on your character's card the basic Move action action_move (see image in the rules).
The consequence step asks you to move your figurine onto an adjacent Terrain. So, you will move 1 at time in most case, even if all the Terrain cards are in play.
After a restore of the game, you will need to explore again, but these deck_exploration_card cards give good and bad events.
Thus, compare to Continent, Saving is less critical for traveling.
(except if you now you want to go back and find a way to run action_run with the same rule that in the Continent ??)

Remember that the Threat is divided with "chapters" which feature smaller play sessions with a board reset in between (I presume).

Let's play and test it ! ;-)
resource_fire Firebird resource_fire (ma ludothèque)
T7Continent : icon_succes DV, OG, LG --- icon_curse SI, [CD+SI] --- icon_success-left Histoire, Pénitence, Funéraille --- card_type_temporary_event [SI+TS]
T7Citadel : card_type_temporary_event
Posté - Edité
Also, there’s a good chance you never need to save during a scenario since, IIRC, each scenario was designed to be feasible in one reasonable game session (1h30?).
Posté
I reckon there will be a few suggestions for "house" saving mechanisms arriving over the next few weeks
Posté
I assume you still can just let it sit in the table if you want to (and have the space).
flag_curse_sm VG: icon_succes PoC: icon_succes IM: icon_succes
CS card_pick009: icon_succes, card_pick123: icon_succesicon_succes
VotE icon_succes SoM icon_succes
Posté
Firebird a écrit :
Hello -)
The consequence step asks you to move your figurine onto an adjacent Terrain. So, you will move 1 at time in most case, even if all the Terrain cards are in play.

On The Double allows you to move to any Terrain card connected to your current Terrain card as long as there's a valid path. I can kinda understand not wanting to save if you're waiting on that card.

I was only able to finish my first scenario after the intro one, due to that. I was down to about 6 HP, needing a refresh, and had 2(?) difficult terrains to pass by otherwise. I ventured too far, but luckily had On The Double to rescue me.
Forums/ The 7th Citadel/ Rules and Operating Points6 messages