Forums/ The 7th Citadel/ Rules and Operating Points8 messages
Posté
Hi - if I want to potentially use a Purse card that does not have a brown box, do I still need to select it in Gear Up stage?

Specifically
Gambler’s boon
which has an effect which I might want to use later in the Consequence step, but the rules state I can only select a Purse card that has a brown box matching a white box action - in this case the Purse card does not have a brown box. So can I select it at the end if/when I need to? The rules seem unclear.
Posté
Could you please let us know which Purse card you would like to use?
I don't remember a Purse card without action_condition_empty, except those with an action action_empty.

Anyway, it seem valid to select any Purse card you need to use during your turn.
Don't forget to check the keywords (no duplicates).
resource_fire Firebird resource_fire (ma ludothèque)
T7Continent : icon_succes DV, OG, LG --- icon_curse SI, [CD+SI] --- icon_success-left Histoire, Pénitence, Funéraille --- card_type_temporary_event [SI+TS]
T7Citadel : card_type_temporary_event
Posté - Edité
It’s Gambler’s boon, it allows you to re-roll a die, which will be useful during Consequence if I have to roll to keep/lose a weapon. It doesn’t have white or brown box. So can I decide to use it during Consequence if I need it, I.e. after I’ve rolled a die, or would I have to select it during Gear Up. I don’t think it makes much difference? Although I suppose if I don’t have to select it during Gear Up, I don’t have to worry about keywords?
Posté
If you know the number of the card card_pick and its ID, I will check both English and French version. Could you please find it?
T7Continent : icon_succes DV, OG, LG --- icon_curse SI, [CD+SI] --- icon_success-left Histoire, Pénitence, Funéraille --- card_type_temporary_event [SI+TS]
Posté
Sure, it is A0580, one of the 149 cards
Posté
I believe you can use Gambler's Boon any time it would be relevant (i.e., any time you would roll a die) regardless of whether or not you selected it, or even if you are in the middle of a skill test at all.
Posté
Ah yes, this card! I didn't realize what it was because of the English name. D'

There's no [selected] effet, and the text on the card is explicit (over the rule of Gear Up).
I agree with DevNull : you can use it when you want, [After rolling a die]. No needed to select it at the beginning of your Action.
Posté
Thank you @firebird and @devnull!
Forums/ The 7th Citadel/ Rules and Operating Points8 messages